Thursday, November 6, 2008

Favorite Things

One of the things I want to do on this blog installment is to thank everyone for their blogs. Dad enjoys them so much -- it really boosts his day to read them. He enjoys every one of the entries. When he read the one about Olivia saying "I love Grandma Asay" he cried -- he had the page I printed out laminated to save it and he shows it to everyone who comes to the house. Nan - I was thinking that if you could either post or email me a picture of her with her quilt he'd probably like to frame them together. You can get my email address from your mom if you don't have it.

I decided to also answer Gavin's tag - He did say "anyone else" (by the way, he's very talkative for such a little guy) So anyway, here are seven of Grandpa Asay's Favorite things {his family isn't on this list because that's a given} Favorite Color: Blue / Favorite Book: The Book of Mormon - he loves reading it when he's out at the temple / Favorite Activity: Working at the Temple [of course] Favorite Movie: Anything with John Wayne - beginning with Stage Coach [he doesn't care for the earlier spaghetti westerns] Favorite Hobby: Rock polishing [no surprise there] Favorite Season: Anytime he can use his tractor mower - he's considering getting a blade for it to clean the driveway in the winter so that just may make it year round fun

Finally I'd like to request that everyone send me any new or corrected info for the family calendar. I'd also like everyone to send me the year of their birth and/or anniversary. I won't publish them if you don't want them to be but my calendar program has the full date field including the year but right now except for the littlest ones it shows only as the year I entered the Month and Day (the year doesn't show up on the actual calendar). I'd like to edit it with the actual correct date in all background fields for my benefit. Here's a weird thing few people know about me - I'm a little OCD about about some things and having accurate info is one of them. Thanks in advance. When I've got all the newest info I'll get the calendar's underway.

6 comments:

  1. What wonderful things to learn about Dad! I will be happy to provide you with dates - doesn't bother me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this post. Here is some information about us to help with your OCD:

    Worthy's birthday: 1/1/72
    Kim's birthday: 11/21/71
    Our anniversary: 7/6/93
    Morgan's birthday: 6/14/94
    Kate's birthday: 6/25/99
    Worthy's birthday: 9/14/01

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, sorry I was so slow to notice your post. I will get a picture of Olivia with the blanket and email it to my my so she can forward it to you. I used to have your email, but I can't seem to find it.

    Britt and Nan anniversary 9/30/94
    Britt birthday 1/7/71
    Nan birthday 7/22/73
    Garrett 4/16/96
    Cole 7/21/98
    Tyler Elle 7/23/00
    Rachel 4/3/02
    Olivia 9/11/04

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like getting to know Grandpa Asay better & am glad he did Gavin's tag.

    Gavin 8/11/2008
    Nancy 10/13/1985
    Tim 01/02/1981

    ReplyDelete
  5. our anniversary is March 19th, 2005 . Nancy

    ReplyDelete